Venue: Kuchai Lama, WP - Klang Valley
Date: August 26th, 2017 (SATURDAY)
Original Fee: RM600.00
Earlybird Fee: RM299.00 ONLY** (T&C applies)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WORKSHOP
Learn how to massage and be massaged in return!
DIY: Make your own Natural Painkillers!
Experience first-hand Sandhya Maarga Abhyangam Yoga (first of its kind in the world) - Yes, you will practice Yoga
DIY: Learn some simple nutritious recipes that can boost your musculoskeletal health
WHAT WE WILL BE COVERING:
1) Introduction to the Musculoskeletal System:
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology about the musculoskeletal system.
- Learn how each is related to each other to form a better understanding on how movement works and why pain, discomfort or diseases occur.
2) Brief Introduction to Different Systems of Massage
- Spa vs Clinical Massage: A Comparative Analysis
An Introduction to:
Chinese Style Tuina, Western Massage, Swedish Style, Thai Massage, Indian Ayurvedic Massage, Shiatsu etc.
3) Holistic Pain Management: An Overview
- How different systems of healing view pain?
- How can pain be managed with different modalities of healing?
- How different systems of healing treat pain? The effectiveness of each modality is analysed and evaluated.
- Tips on how to reduce the occurrence / possibility of injury.
4) Basic principles of acupuncture. Acupressure & Tuina for Musculoskeletal Care
- History & Overview of acupuncture, acupressure & Tuina.
- The role of acupuncture, acupressure & Tuina in pain management.
- The evaluation of the efficacy of acupuncture, acupressure & Tuina in musculoskeletal diseases.
- Learn how essential oils can be used to complement acupuncture, acupressure & Tuina for Musculoskeletal care?
5) The role of Yoga in Musculoskeletal Care
- What is Yoga and how effective is Yoga in Musculoskeletal Care?
- Is Yoga completely safe?
6) Sandhya Maarga Abhyangam Yoga (first of its kind in the world)
- The principles of Sandhya Maarga Abhyangam Yoga™.
- Experience the Sandhya Maarga Abhyangam Yoga™ (First of its kind in the world)
7) DIY: Natural Painkillers
- Comparative Analysis: Drug Painkillers (pharmaceutical) VS Natural Painkillers
- Introduction to the different natural painkillers available.
- DIY: MAKE some natural balms to soothe aches and pain.
- DIY: MAKE a castor oil pack for pain relief.
8) Introduction to Sports Nutrition
- Principles of Sports Nutrition.
- Recommended serving size.
- Learn how to calculate BMI & BMR – the two vital factors in Sports.
- Learn what food helps promote or counter pain, allowing you to choose a wiser option when you are active in sports.
9) DIY: Make Your Own Healthy Snacks!
- Learn some simple and delicious recipes that can help give your musculoskeletal system a boost.
As there are DIY activities such as making your own balms, a special Yoga session and a DIY Nutrition session, kindly RSVP at least 2 weeks before the event so that we may prepare the necessary items required for the number of participants accordingly.
Forward the details to anyone you think you may be interested and we hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Please contact us at +6 018-205 1255 to register for the event. - www.sandhyamaargainstitute.org